Sunday, September 5, 2010

Other Partizan 2010

Just back from holiday today so, naturally, I deserted the family and went straight over to Newark to have a look round Partizan. It seemed a lot quieter than previous occasions but there were still plenty of nice games to look at. Of particular interest to me was the 28mm AWI game put on by Steve Jones who's excellent blog (Steve's Paintingshed) I only just discovered today. The game looked lovely and, in particular, the hand painted flags were a joy to behold. The game was being played with Black Powder rules and did seem to be flowing well. A very nice chap from Grimsby also started to convince me that perhaps I should be parting with £30 to sample these rules....sigh. But so far I'm still sticking with British Grenadier.

Oh..... and while I was on holiday the Pendraken Mounted Commanders appeared - just waiting for them to arrive in the post. Looks like the Necrons will have to wait for a bit (even though I got a rather nice Destroyer Lord and Tomb Spyder for my birthday......)

Here's some pics that I took of Steve's game. There's lots more nice stuff on his blog.





2 comments:

  1. It was certainly a fantastic-looking game! I also took some photos of it and uploaded them to my blog - http://blackpowdergaming.blogspot.com/

    I was the young chap running the Spanish Peninsular Napoleonic game with Paul from Touching History and I'm also from Lincoln!

    Great blog by the way. Your AWI collection is very impressive.

    Eddie

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a great game. Love your pics btw. Intend to upload mine over the next few weeks of my pics from Partizan including your game Eddie.

    I'm also fairly sure the chap from Grimsby who tried to get you to part with £30 for the Black Powder rules, which we like playing with at Grimsby, wasnt me, it was someone else :)....I was too busy looking round the games and taking photos....

    ReplyDelete