Sunday, September 26, 2010

AWI British Commanders (Pendraken Miniatures 10mm)

Well finally my Brits have some officers. Once again some excellent sculpts from Clibanarium. There are 6 great individual officers in each pack. I've only used three though, since thats all I need for Guilford Courthouse. The others will have to wait until the rebels are completed (in a decade or so.....)





























5 comments:

  1. These are fantastic for 10mm!

    I thought they were 28s when I loaded up the page. Nice work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful figures, they put mine to shame.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful work! I know you use BG rules but I have both Patriots & Loyalists and Guns of Liberty. Can you offer some selling points on BG as to what you like/don't like about it? I am waiting for my first figs to arrive from Pendraken and need to make some final decision about my basing conventions.

    Dave
    http://chargebayonet.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi David - can't say I'm an expert on BG yet since i have yet to play a game (still need to do my Yankees before that happens!). For me the things that stand out are
    - It's well supported (check out the forum on my links)
    - Disruption points really work well to give your forces a challenge in manoeuvre. There are people who don't like this but I feel it is just right for this period
    - Emphasis on command and control with realistic feeling brigades
    - Flexible figure scale handles well the plethora of different size battles in the AWI

    There was a useful review of AWI rules in Battlegames 11 which didnt actually conclude BG was the best but that was because the reviewer didn't like Disruption Points in the way that I do! I hope this helps but if not then try posting in the BG forum - the author posts there regularly as well so can help with many questions

    ReplyDelete
  5. Simon, thanks for the reply. I appreciate the help. I went to Battlegames' website and the article you refer to fortunately happened to be available as a free preview. BG has sparked a good bit of personal interest for me and I might have to pick up a copy. I hear that the supplements are well worth it no matter what rules a gamer prefers. I have also printed off the Johnny Reb III mod called Johnny Tremaine as well. The pile of options keeps growing! Anyways, thanks again and Merry Chistmas mate.

    Dave
    http://chargebayonet.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete