Sunday, July 18, 2010

the first real posting to this blog

All the posts below this one are a cheat really because the figures have been painted for ages. I've posted them now so that this blog starts with some actual content. I'm currently trying to build both armies needed to fight Guilford Courthouse at 1:20 scale. The figures are all by Pendraken and they are really a spectacular range sculpted by the extremely talented Clibinarium. I'm basing up for the British Grenadier rules and so far I've finished all of the Brits except of course for the commanders (which aren't yet available - if this outrages you then join the Pendraken Forum and add your name to the petition!).

This leaves the following outstanding tasks in the project;

  • Buy and paint the American army (on the plus side they only have one flag per regiment. On the negative side there's bloody loads of militia and none of them in uniform)
  • Trees - thousands of 'em!! I'm going to make them all myself using the wire technique. I might post some pics of these when I get round to it
  • Rail fences - not sure whether to make them or buy them. I bought some N gauge model railway fences but they are in soft plastic so I'm not sure whether I will be happy with them or not. If I make them then currently I'm thinking about splitting matchsticks to make the individual beams. This might just prove to be the fiddliest task in history though..
  • Buildings - I got some pretty resin ones at Salute from Timecast. Actually they are advertised as ACW period but I think they look fine for this period too
  • Terrain boards - for the moment I'm making do with the "Mat-o-War" (get it from Antenociti), but I really should put some thought to some better quality boards (I'm undecided whether to make or buy though...)
  • Various markers (casualties, disruption etc)
At the moment all of the above is on hold and will probably resume in the Autumn. For now Summertime is Necron time.......

4 comments:

  1. Welcome to the blogosphere! Look forward to seeing more. I really mist return to my Guilford at 1:10 project! Really like your 10mm stuff. If I hadn't gone so far down the 15mm route I'd join you!

    Andy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi up, welcome to Blogland! You've made a corking start, photos & painting are superb. Appreciate the link, thanks!
    Regards,
    Peeler

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's all your fault, Simon. You made me order stuff from Pendraken.

    Seriously though - nice work, looking forward to seeing more. I'll check out the Timecast buildings as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Karnataka PUC Syllabus 2021 - Department of Pre-University Education, Karnataka has released the reduced Karnataka Board 1st and 2nd PUC syllabus 2021 for the students. Karnataka 2nd PUC syllabus 2021 has been made available on the official website. Karnataka PUC (1st and 2nd Year) KAR PUC Syllabus 2021-2022 syllabus 2021 has been reduced by 30 per cent for the present academic session. Karnataka PUC syllabus 2021 is released for all the subjects in a PDF format. Students must refer to the syllabus as it includes important topics, marking schemes and exam pattern.

    ReplyDelete